Friday 5 October 2012

Tools of the trade

I have had a few people ask me recently what type of white pigment ink pen I use on my work, especially the polymer clay love birds and white line drawings.  So I thought that I would show you.  It is a lot of fun, and rather time consuming but the results are durable, they don't fade and I can get the kind of detail I want.  So if you are interested or have a budding artist in the family (hi Kelli)  why not give it a try.



**I use Art Spectrum Pigment ink that I get from Riot Art, but any good art supply store or online should have it.

**As you can see, the top of the ink only has a small pouring hole so I use little resealable containers to dip my pen into when I am working.  I also have blue tac on the base of the container so no spills happen.

**I bought these fine nibs in bulk on ebay a year or so ago.

**The nibs slip into the pen and are easy to remove and replace when they start to wear out.  The pen also came from Riot Art

** I also use a lot of tissues to wipe ink build up of the nib while I am working.  (but they looked very unattractive in the original photo)

I LOVE this white ink.  It is quick drying and appears almost glossy, and like I said, unlike some white pens, it does not fade or soak into the material it is being applied to. I hope this info helps and if you give it a go, I would love to see the results :)  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that, I'll have to investigate and see if we have any art supply stores locally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever, Karen! I'm hopeless at this sort of thing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments. They are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...